Craig Brenner: Exploring the Jazzy Side of Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano
"Craig Brenner is a fine and funky pianist..." - Living Blues
Blues, boogie woogie, and jazz pianist Craig Brenner is a composer, teacher, and recipient of arts grants. He leads Craig & The Crawdads, has recorded seven albums, founded Bloomington Boogies: The Bloomington Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano Festival, and is a member of The Ragin' Texans.
Craig's latest album is Passages. Other recordings include
- Live to Love, by Craig Brenner & The Crawdads
- Live at the Old Mint: Blues and Boogie Woogie Piano, with Alfred "Uganda" Roberts and Lori Brenner
- Window on the Soul, with Craig & The Crawdads
- Man at the Piano, with The Crawdads and special guests
- Backstage Boogie, with Dan Hostetler on drums
- Play It Again, Professor!, with The Crawdads and special guests
Listen to samples at Music.
Sheet music for piano is now available for "Life Is Precious" (the first track on Passages) and for “Opus 3 Number 6: Perusin' the Blues in C” (from Man At The Piano)! Contact Craig for information or to purchase.
Passages - original jazz, blues, boogie woogie, and more - is available on vinyl, CD, & files for download.
- Scott Yanow, Los Angeles Jazz Scene: "a fine pianist," "Spring Is Near" is "swinging and joyful ... quality is consistently high and the results are enjoyable."
- Dan Willging, OffBeat: "blues, jazz, and boogie-woogie with a sparkling, rich technique."
- Mike Leonard, The Ryder Magazine
- Connie Shakalis, The Herald-Times
- Crossroads Blues Society President Steve Jones, Blues Blast Magazine: "really good stuff with an eclectic mix of styles and genres to enjoy. I highly recommend checking him out!"
- George Fish, "Politically Incorrect Leftist": "the whole thing fits nicely the Beatles' famous words on "Sgt. Pepper's..." 'a splendid time is guaranteed for all!' "
- Merrill Garbus, Sound Opinions Show 809
- Writer/playwright/musician Cathi Norton of Finally Productions
More reviews at Music (scroll down for reviews). Listen to "Looking for a Job," produced by Nate Brenner (Tune-Yards, Naytronix).
Available again (CD) - Live to Love
Due to COVID-19, musicians lost revenue for two years. Make a donation.
Click below for information about
- Craig Brenner Boogie woogie, blues, jazz, stride, New Orleans, and barrelhouse piano
- Review of Live At The Old Mint: Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano
- Craig & The Crawdads Foot-stompin' New Orleans R&B, Zydeco, blues, jazz, and swing
- Craig & Lori Cocktail jazz, blues, swing, torch songs, and boogie woogie
- Bloomington Boogies: The Bloomington Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano Festival
- Sheet music for "Nathaniel" and "The Crawdad Shuffle"