Craig Brenner: Exploring the Jazzy Side of Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano
"Craig Brenner is a fine and funky pianist..." - Living Blues
Blues, boogie woogie, and jazz pianist Craig Brenner is a composer, teacher, and recipient of arts grants. He leads Craig Brenner & The Crawdads, is in The Ragin' Texans, recorded seven albums, and founded Bloomington Boogies: The Bloomington Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano Festival.
HOLIDAY CD SALE! From now through Dec. 31, 2022, all CDs are two for the price of one! To take advantage of this offer, you must pay by cash or check (online platforms take a cut of sales). To do so, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Holiday CD Sale" - telling Craig the names of the two CDs you want, and he will reply with details about payment.
The newest CD is Passages (read about Passages below). Other CDs available:
- Live to Love, by Craig Brenner & The Crawdads
- Live at the Old Mint: Blues and Boogie Woogie Piano, featuring Craig with Alfred "Uganda" Roberts and Lori Brenner
- Window on the Soul, by Craig Brenner with members of Craig & The Crawdads
- Man at the Piano, by Craig with members of The Crawdads and special guests
- Backstage Boogie, with Dan Hostetler on drums
Listen to samples by clicking on Music.
Craig's newest album is Passages - original jazz, blues, boogie woogie, and more - on vinyl, CD, & files for download.
- Jazz journalist Scott Yanow, Los Angeles Jazz Scene: "a fine pianist," "Spring Is Near" is "a swinging and joyful original...quality is consistently high and the results are enjoyable."
- Dan Willging, OffBeat: "blues, jazz, and boogie-woogie with a sparkling, rich technique."
- Journalist Mike Leonard, The Ryder Magazine.
- Connie Shakalis, The Herald-Times.
- Crossroads Blues Society President Steve Jones, Blues Blast Magazine: "really good stuff with an eclectic mix of styles and genres to enjoy. I highly recommend checking him out!"
- George Fish, "Politically Incorrect Leftist": "the whole thing fits nicely the Beatles' famous words on "Sgt. Pepper's..." 'a splendid time is guaranteed for all!' "
- Merrill Garbus, Sound Opinions Show 809
- Writer/playwright/musician Cathi Norton of Finally Productions
See more reviews at Music (scroll to reviews). Listen to "Looking for a Job," produced by Nate Brenner (Tune-Yards, Naytronix). Passages was made in part thanks to the IN Arts Commission, which receives support from the State of Indiana and National Endowment for the Arts.
Available again in limited quantities (CD) - Live to Love, by Craig Brenner & The Crawdads
Due to COVID-19, musicians lost revenue for two years. You can help by making a donation.
Click below for information about
- Craig Brenner Boogie woogie, blues, jazz, stride, New Orleans, and barrelhouse piano
- Read a review of Craig's CD, Live At The Old Mint: Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano
- Craig & The Crawdads Foot-stompin' New Orleans R&B, Zydeco, blues, jazz, and swing
- Listen to Craig & The Crawdads play Craig's "Backstage Boogie"
- Craig & Lori Cocktail jazz, blues, swing, torch songs, and boogie woogie
- Bloomington Boogies: The Bloomington Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano Festival
- Free sheet music for "Nathaniel"
- Free sheet music for "The Crawdad Shuffle"